panel

panel

Postby Maroman » 03 Jan 2014, 08:57

I can't set vertical panel at the right. I defined all as I should but after restart panel is on the left.
It's impossible to change settings in dconf editor (here there is a screen of mate 1.6 but there is exactly the same effect in 1.4). change works for a moment and all go back to left. where is the problem? mate or me? sb knows good explanation?

cheers,
ride my bike,
Maroman

Re: panel

Postby Pry » 03 Jan 2014, 09:53

Looks like a MATE bug.
Peter Ryzhenkov, Point Linux Lead Developer.
Pry
Site Admin

Postby jordan » 05 Jan 2014, 00:49

Maroman wrote:I can't set vertical panel at the right. I defined all as I should but after restart panel is on the left.

Maroman,

I have only a bottom panel. I right clicked it, chose "Add to Panel" and it moved the new panel to the top of the screen. The I right clicked on that panel, "Properties", then "Orientation" and then chose "Right" in the dropdown. The panel moved to the right as a vertical panel, I added some items to it and it stayed on the right even after several restarts. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to do or you are simply going about it in a different way then I described.

UPDATE: On the third reboot, the panel moved to the left :oops: . As Peter says, it must be a MATE bug. :( Retract everything I said above :cry: .

Jordan
jordan

Postby Maroman » 05 Jan 2014, 05:40

jordan wrote:UPDATE: On the third reboot, the panel moved to the left :oops: . As Peter says, it must be a MATE bug. :( Retract everything I said above :cry: .

Jordan

It was that, I was trying to say. a bit abnormal. I wanted to join the mate forum but I didn't succeed (yet). I'm still waiting. So I read about the whole project. and there is a sentence (http://wiki.mate-desktop.org/)
Philosophy: Minimalism, KISS principle, Cowboy coding, Literate programming

look at this cowboy codding (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cowboy_coding). I have no questions. Understand software quality. and what is simple (kiss principle)? there is no line of good documentation :bad: .

cheers,
ride my bike,
Maroman

Postby Maroman » 07 Jan 2014, 07:40

I have found solution :) , however it's not elegant. rather brute. just grab the panel and move to the right. alternatively the exact coordinates (for x) might be given. then orientation switch is off.

cheers,
ride my bike,
Maroman

Return to MATE Desktop