failed repository

Re: failed repository

Postby Pry » 17 Oct 2013, 13:09

I guess so
Peter Ryzhenkov, Point Linux Lead Developer.
Pry
Site Admin

Postby TNFrank » 17 Oct 2013, 14:59

I have Debian 7.2 on my #3 laptop and have gotten the same issue so I'd say it's a problem with the Debian repos and not Point Linux per say.
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
TNFrank

Postby Maroman » 17 Oct 2013, 15:49

TNFrank wrote:so I'd say it's a problem with the Debian repos and not Point Linux per say.

absolutely. but I've hoped since Peter is closer to Debian than we are he could "kick" :roll: them to maintain the issues.

cheers,
ride my bike,
Maroman

Postby TNFrank » 31 Oct 2013, 15:11

Not to get off track here and I didn't want to start an entire thread about it either but is there a way we could add the "jessie" repos to our build so we could have slightly more "cutting edge" stuff when we update? I fully understand that PL is based on Debian Stable "wheezy" but it's also be nice to have the testing option of "jessie" as well. Thanks. :)
TNFrank

Postby Pry » 31 Oct 2013, 16:14

Yeah, the more I think of PL3.X the more I understand it should be on Jessie. PL2.X will be kept as LTS.
Pry
Site Admin

Postby TNFrank » 31 Oct 2013, 16:26

Even with PL2.x being Stable I still get updates every day or every other day so it's not like Debian is just sitting on it's hands letting the Distro get old or anything. Still it'd be nice to go "middle of the road" with Jessie since Sid may be too experimental and unstable for many users while wheezy is just too stable. Ya' got to risk it to get the biscuit, LOL so Jessie might be the best option for something like Point Linux. If folks want something totally stable they can always install Debian 7.2 and run the default Gnome 3 desktop that comes with it but for a Distro like PL we need to be just a touch more "cutting edge". ;)
TNFrank

Postby Pry » 31 Oct 2013, 17:52

TNFrank wrote:If folks want something totally stable they can always install Debian 7.2 and run the default Gnome 3 desktop that comes with it but for a Distro like PL we need to be just a touch more "cutting edge". ;)

Folks will also be able to install Point Linux 2.X as it won't go away with the PL3 release. PL2 is stable so it will remain LTS.
Pry
Site Admin

Postby TNFrank » 06 Nov 2013, 21:16

So when Debian moves up to Jessie as their Stable Distro will Point Linux automatically move to Jessie doing a "sudo apt-get dist-upgrade" or will 2.x still be using Wheezy? I guess what I"m trying to ask is will 2.x LTS always use the Stable platform of Debian or will it stay with the platform it was built around, i.e. Wheezy? :beer:
TNFrank

Postby Pry » 07 Nov 2013, 02:01

Depends on what's put in your /etc/apt/sources.list. Debian will upgrade if it's 'stable'. Debian will stay on the Wheezy release if it's 'wheezy'. It's 'wheezy' in Point Linux by default.
Pry
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Point Linux Full Edition Support