Point Linux Great Job

Point Linux Great Job

Postby iamarto » 10 Oct 2013, 15:37

I am very pleased with the point linux distro, this is *what* I wanted Debian Stable to be like. Rock solid stable, but yet working out of the box. I have a few concerns thought:

1. Why it's not popular yet? This distro should be on par with Crunchbang which is on the top 20 list I guess.
2. Why there aren't any wikipedia entry yet?
3. Do we get the security updates of Debian Wheezy or separate ones?
4. I can't find IRC channel for pointlinux.. or perhaps it's empty?
5. is the point linux release time based? Is it connected to the release of Debian Stable branch?

Best Regards to the Devs! And you guys need a real promotion to this distro.
iamarto

Re: Point Linux Great Job

Postby Pry » 10 Oct 2013, 16:17

iamarto wrote:I am very pleased with the point linux distro, this is *what* I wanted Debian Stable to be like. Rock solid stable, but yet working out of the box.
Thank you! ;)
iamarto wrote:1. Why it's not popular yet? This distro should be on par with Crunchbang which is on the top 20 list I guess.
Well, the distro is new, its first version was released in February 2013. It's mostly a 'one man army' project. Not only the distro but the site is developed by me and it takes time. Hope PL 2.2 will gain popularity and things will change. Site localizations is the first step and I thank all the localizers. Their names will appear on the 'Support' page as soon as I get some time to write some code.
iamarto wrote:2. Why there aren't any wikipedia entry yet?
No time for everything. You can make it yourself if you want to. ;)
iamarto wrote:3. Do we get the security updates of Debian Wheezy or separate ones?
You get the raw Debian Wheezy updates.
iamarto wrote:4. I can't find IRC channel for pointlinux.. or perhaps it's empty?
it is #pointlinux.org@irc.freenode.net. And yes, it's empty so far...
iamarto wrote:5. is the point linux release time based? Is it connected to the release of Debian Stable branch?
Nope, it has the "it's ready when it's ready" schedule and it's not connected with the Debian Stable branch.
Peter Ryzhenkov, Point Linux Lead Developer.
Pry
Site Admin

Return to Other Topics