Moving back to Point Linux.

Moving back to Point Linux.

Postby TNFrank » 15 Jan 2014, 21:29

Well, after about a month of playing with Ubuntu/GNOME(love the look of GNOME 3 and it works pretty well after you tweak it with Tweak Tools) I'm coming back to Point Linux because GNOME 3 isn't light enough(IMHO) for the little Acer Netbook I recently picked up. The DE was eating up 206-249MB of RAM, with Point's MATE DE I'm down to 160MB of RAM, much better and hopefully it'll run a bit faster too. Anyway, just wanted to share and let ya'll know that I'm back even though many didn't know that I'd left, LOL. Talk to ya'll later.
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
TNFrank

Re: Moving back to Point Linux.

Postby Pry » 19 Jan 2014, 07:31

TNFrank wrote:Anyway, just wanted to share and let ya'll know that I'm back even though many didn't know that I'd left, LOL

I did. ;) Welcome back!
Peter Ryzhenkov, Point Linux Lead Developer.
Pry
Site Admin

Postby Maroman » 19 Jan 2014, 08:41

TNFrank wrote:after about a month of playing with Ubuntu/GNOME(love the look of GNOME 3 and it works pretty well after you tweak it with Tweak Tools) I'm coming back to Point Linux

Frank, U can use both PL and Ubuntu on one machine with common swap and data. at the moment I'm using only two distros but I used to install four when I was looking for something exactly for me.

cheers,
ride my bike,
Maroman

Postby TNFrank » 20 Jan 2014, 21:00

I've actually done a triple boot with Point Linux, Kubuntu and Ubuntu/Gnome but really didn't like having that many Distros on one machine. I DO have both Point Linux and Ubuntu/Gnome on my #1 because a buddy of mine in AZ. wanted to try Ubuntu/Gnome and I had to walk him through Tweak Tools so it was just easier to reinstall it as a dual boot but of course 9 times out of 10 I'll be running Point Linux. :roll:
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
TNFrank

Return to Other Topics