A very special thank you to the creator of this distro ...

A very special thank you to the creator of this distro ...

Postby MarcoLinux » 14 May 2014, 18:05

Hi, I'm a new user of Point Linux, but "old" linux user, I've used Linux for 4 years (Ubuntu, Mint, Debian, Fedora and CentOS then); after the arrival of Unity and Gnome Shell, I was looking for a recent distribution with the classic desktop, the classic Compiz, working Out ​​Of The Box... and stable ... Thanks to the creator of Linux Point; Only one developer has created just what I wanted for so long!

P.S.

Sorry for my english, I do not speak very well and help me with the Google translator ... :D
MarcoLinux

Re: A very special thank you to the creator of this distro .

Postby Az4x4 » 16 May 2014, 20:31

Welcome to the site Markolinux! Most here agree with you. Point Linux is a superb implementation of Debian Wheezy, complete with all the right stuff added to the mix making it ideal for ultra stable daily use. Kudos to Peter for his excellent work, and to all those spreading the word that Point Linux is genuinely worthy of its name!
How to become a Super User: Wear your underpants on the outside and put on a cape ... or boot to root, your choice!
Az4x4

Postby molen » 18 May 2014, 12:06

I agree with the last speaker. I am new on Point Linux and found it after reading Distrowatch weekly and saw in the comments someone speaking about Point. I thougt, then I was using Linux mint 16, I try Point Linux. So I did today and the result is very fine. I like it much and hope d that the distro will grow in many ways. I will spread the news at my Twitter Account and also facebook. I wish you all the luck with this very fine distro. I have tried in the past many distro's, but this one is one of the best. I hope this good work will continue. I want to support you, but have not Paypal. Is there another solution?
Ps I want to try to upgrade Point to Testing or even Unstable. Is that sensible?
molen

Postby guy » 19 May 2014, 05:33

Hello,

I agree. It's the best distro with Mate. I tried other distros with Mate (for example the last mint), but I always come back to Point Linux. It's faster, sure and good-looking!
And i'm sure that the Following version will be still better.
I'm looking forward it impatiently!

Guy
guy

Postby MarcoLinux » 19 May 2014, 10:59

guy wrote:Hello,

I agree. It's the best distro with Mate. I tried other distros with Mate (for example the last mint), but I always come back to Point Linux. It's faster, sure and good-looking!
And i'm sure that the Following version will be still better.
I'm looking forward it impatiently!

Guy

Mint is really heavy. PL uses the Mate Desktop "clean", essential and fast. I hope that the next version of PL has Mate 1.8, there are some minor improvements ...
MarcoLinux

Postby Ordinat » 12 Jun 2014, 09:02

I'd like to join my fellow Point Linux users and thank the author of this great distribution, I've tried it on a 10 years old hardware and it worked great, it literally resurrected that computer, tried it on newer rig and it performed very well. It's a rock solid distro form the install process to the daily use of it, very stable and easy to use, I consider it THE BEST Mate distribution out there. Long life to Point Linux!
Ordinat

Return to Other Topics