Page 1 of 1

I'm back....................

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2014, 17:35
by Tennessee Frank
Well, push came to shove and I just got tired of my Arch based Distros being so buggy. Sometimes bluetooth would work, sometimes it wouldn't. Sometimes you could add something to panel and other times you couldn't. As much as I hate apt-get(way more complicated then pacman) as the limited software choices from the Debian Repos(lots more packages in the AUR) I have to have a computer that'll work so I'm back rockin' Point Linux 3.0b1(Debian Testing) so ya'll will have to put up with me again. Anyway, I'll see ya'll on the forums and dang it Peter, when are you going to bring he Point Linux Testing Distro out of beta???? :%)

Re: I'm back....................

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2014, 06:09
by Maroman
welcome back. but
Tennessee Frank wrote:As much as I hate apt-get(way more complicated then pacman) as the limited software choices from the Debian Repos(lots more packages in the AUR)

what is wrong with apt-get? U can use synaptic instead. there is also aptitude. what software do you need? build a rocket?
Tennessee Frank wrote:I have to have a computer that'll work so I'm back rockin' Point Linux 3.0b1(Debian Testing) so ya'll will have to put up with me again.

Point (2.3.1 especially) is the best choice for production system. starting the previous spring with no issue. the longest used distro I have had.
Tennessee Frank wrote:Anyway, I'll see ya'll on the forums and dang it Peter, when are you going to bring he Point Linux Testing Distro out of beta???? :%)

good question. but as a matter of fact is it needed?

and by the way. U can always install two or more systems. one for production (point), one for fun (semplice in my case).


cheers,

Re: I'm back....................

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2014, 20:12
by Tennessee Frank
And just as quickly I'm gone again. LOL. Ended up going with PL 2.3.1, did the upgrades then when I went to boot back into my system it just kept kicking me back to the log in screen so I've moved to Ubuntu MATE' and it's working pretty well.

Re: I'm back....................

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2014, 17:50
by GB Jim
Hhmm! Sounds like problems just follow some people.

Re: I'm back....................

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2014, 18:05
by nekomajin
By the way: Has anyone seen Peter? The last time he was on August 21st online ?!