Point 3

Point 3

Postby GB Jim » 12 Sep 2015, 22:10

This forum has been extremely quiet following the release of Point 3. Anyone have a review of Point 3? What you like? The changes? Anything you don't like? I am still using Point 2.3.2 Taya on my main Laptop. Have not upgraded, but thinking of it. Played with Point 3 a bit on an old box, but not enough for a real feel. Would be great to hear from some Point 3 users.
GB Jim

Re: Point 3

Postby Maroman » 13 Sep 2015, 06:01

GB Jim wrote:This forum has been extremely quiet following the release of Point 3. Anyone have a review of Point 3? What you like? The changes? Anything you don't like? I am still using Point 2.3.2 Taya on my main Laptop.

me either. I'm using Taya on all my computers. maybe software is a little older, but still functionally useful and stable. do need more?
GB Jim wrote:Have not upgraded, but thinking of it. Played with Point 3 a bit on an old box, but not enough for a real feel. Would be great to hear from some Point 3 users.

I do not intend to upgrade. Taya works great. there is no reason to change if sth is perfect :Yahoo!: . I hope Peter will upgrade (from time to time) some applications in pointlinux repo. libreoffice for example. and maybe ff should be changed to esr version (smaller number of upgrades).
by confusion with systemd :evil: I have discovered other systems. I'm also using salixos (mate), vectorlinux (for my guest computer users, repository is rather poor, however works and looks great) and backported Debian wheezy (older wattos).

cheers, 8)
ride my bike,
Maroman

Return to Other Topics