Let's see your Point Linux MATE desktop!

Let's see your Point Linux MATE desktop!

Postby Az4x4 » 17 Sep 2013, 21:37

Show us your Point Linux desktop. Here's the setup on my machine. Everything works like a charm. Nothing fancy, just the very BEST Debian based desktop distro available today, with the unbeatable Maté DE! ..Thank you Pry!!!

How to become a Super User: Wear your underpants on the outside and put on a cape ... or boot to root, your choice!
Az4x4

Re: Let's see your Point Linux MATE desktop!

Postby jordan » 17 Sep 2013, 21:49

Let's get to the Point!

jordan

Postby Az4x4 » 17 Sep 2013, 21:59

INice looking desktop Jordan!
How to become a Super User: Wear your underpants on the outside and put on a cape ... or boot to root, your choice!
Az4x4

Postby jordan » 17 Sep 2013, 22:13

Az4x4 wrote:INice looking desktop Jordan!

Thanks Az4x4 :) Love your desktop too. Your wallpaper is very appropriate for the temperature. HOT! 108 F (42 C) :o
jordan

Postby Maroman » 18 Sep 2013, 07:00

nice desktops. I'm going in different direction (I'm simply country boy, however 15 km out of capital city, loving countryside and my bikes). and as you can see it's autumn, little rainy and 10C. I haven't scaled the picture so it's not whole seen (whole picture can be opened in new tab).

keep hot :lol: , cheers,
ride my bike,
Maroman

Postby jordan » 18 Sep 2013, 12:05

Sharp looking desktop Maroman...very "autumnish".
jordan

Postby Az4x4 » 19 Sep 2013, 00:30

Nice looking desktop Maroman! Loved your bike riding photos. Looks like your son took a spill and came away with some dents and dings. It just goes with the territory I suppose!
Az4x4

Postby Pry » 19 Sep 2013, 17:15

Makes me wonder how flexible Gnome2 MATE desktop is. One can perfectly tailor it to one's needs.

I don't post my desktop 'cause it pretty much resembles the out of the box Point Linux look. Your desktops look cool, people! :)
Peter Ryzhenkov, Point Linux Lead Developer.
Pry
Site Admin

Postby Az4x4 » 20 Sep 2013, 04:19

You're right Peter. The classic Gnome 2 desktop, continued and improved on in the MATE project, is endlessly customizable and fantastically easy to work with! It's what a real working desktop environment should be, what millions of Gnome 2 users were afraid they'd lost when Gnome developers abandoned Gnome 2 and moved on to Gnome 3, a troubled much maligned desktop environment that Linus Torvalds labeled an "unholy mess".

The depth of what one can do to customize his or her desktop environment in MATE is virtually endless. As others take time to share the look and feel of their own MATE desktops it will become obvious how incredibly versatile our favorite DE actually is, and how easy it is to set it up any way a user may desire!

That you chose MATE as the default DE for Point Linux is something that multitudes will thank you for as time goes by and word continues to spread! MATE is the topping on the ice cream, the frosting on the Debian foundation that is Point Linux, and the whole package ranks among the best of the best Debian based distros for all the right reasons!
Az4x4

Postby TNFrank » 20 Sep 2013, 04:44

Pry wrote:Makes me wonder how flexible Gnome2 MATE desktop is. One can perfectly tailor it to one's needs.

I don't post my desktop 'cause it pretty much resembles the out of the box Point Linux look. Your desktops look cool, people! :)

Ditto, I'm even running the "stock" wallpaper on my desktop although I might look for some cool Debian wallpaper to use. If it ain't broken don't fix it. 8-)
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
TNFrank

Next

Return to Newbie Questions