Let's see your Point Linux MATE desktop!

Re: Let's see your Point Linux MATE desktop!

Postby Maroman » 09 Dec 2013, 06:53

nice :) . so close to Christmas.
and by the way, do you know that in clock applet you can set also weather ( you are using weather report applet I suppose). you need only set your location.

and here is my answer for Christmas

cheers,
ride my bike,
Maroman

Postby Az4x4 » 10 Dec 2013, 01:57

Maroman wrote:...by the way, do you know that in clock applet you can set also weather...

Thanks Maroman. Thats a good looking Holiday desktop theme!

I am aware that the clock applet provides current weather conditions. The difference seems to be that the dedicated weather applet provides not only current weather but also an extended forecast, something that I find handy.

Best of the Season to you and yours!..
How to become a Super User: Wear your underpants on the outside and put on a cape ... or boot to root, your choice!
Az4x4

Postby Kraig » 21 Dec 2013, 19:10

simple with dustblue and mate 1.6.0 by official repo of mate. viewtopic.php?f=22&t=570

:beer:
Kraig

Postby jordan » 21 Dec 2013, 19:17

Kraig wrote:simple with dustblue and mate 1.6.0 by official repo of mate. viewtopic.php?f=22&t=570

:beer:

Very nice Kraig! :Bravo:
jordan

Postby Adrint » 15 Mar 2014, 03:50

I very much prefer the 'classic' gnome2 look. :P
Full sized image can be found here:
http://imgur.com/51vZIW3
Adrint, Amateur Image Editor.
Adrint

Postby Az4x4 » 16 Mar 2014, 04:22

Adrint wrote:..I very much prefer the 'classic' gnome2 look. :P...

Great looking desktop Adrint. Clean and classic looking. The Debian wallpaper is a nice touch!
How to become a Super User: Wear your underpants on the outside and put on a cape ... or boot to root, your choice!
Az4x4

Postby Adrint » 16 Mar 2014, 04:46

Az4x4 wrote:Great looking desktop Adrint. Clean and classic looking. The Debian wallpaper is a nice touch!

Thanks! I thought so too. :D

As a matter of fact, I came to find Point Linux while I was on the search for a Debian based Distribution with a Gnome2-like Desktop Environment. I was sort of disappointed with the official release of Debian 7 Wheezy, and I sort of missed the look and feel of Debian 6 squeeze.
(Honestly, I think the Gnome developers have lost their minds with that they're doing with Gnome3.)
Adrint, Amateur Image Editor.
Adrint

Postby Az4x4 » 12 Apr 2014, 04:42

Adrint wrote:..Honestly, I think the Gnome developers have lost their minds with that they're doing with Gnome3.)..

You're in good company there Adrint. Linus Torvalds famously said, concerning the Gnome3 desktop, that it was little more than an "unholy mess" if memory serves me well. Little wonder that Gnome2, brought back to life in MATE project, has come on so strong and been adopted by so many distros these past couple of years. People want and need the power, control and traditional sensibleness they enjoyed with their Gnome2 desktops, and MATE offers that in spades!
Az4x4

Postby Az4x4 » 17 Apr 2014, 03:53

My latest Point Linux MATE desktop..
Az4x4

Postby Maroman » 17 Apr 2014, 06:46

nice Az4x4. but what about resources??
I'm fond of simplicity and trying to use system tools. my desktop is simple
just pure screen plus conky (no conky no linux, bat at conky indicates network connection) and changeable wallpapers. I have a few hundreds of wallpapers and it is good opportunity to see them one by one. instead additional lanucher (docky, wbar etc) I use panel icons.
another one, in similar mood. here is my notebook desktop

cheers,
ride my bike,
Maroman

PreviousNext

Return to Newbie Questions