Installation & Display Question.

Installation & Display Question.

Postby Scribe_05 » 01 Feb 2014, 15:03

During installation of all the other Distro's I have tried one of the options is to format the hard drive and do a completely new installation, but I don't see that with the Point installation I have tried. Is this correct or is there something wrong with my installation media?

Also, in the drop-down menu's, I find some items are listed twice. Can someone tell me how to remove the duplicates?

Many Thanks.
Scribe_05

Re: Installation & Display Question.

Postby Adrint » 15 Mar 2014, 01:50

During installation of all the other Distro's I have tried one of the options is to format the hard drive and do a completely new installation, but I don't see that with the Point installation I have tried. Is this correct or is there something wrong with my installation media?

My guess is that the other distributions you have tried may have shipped with more 'user friendly' installers. Point Linux as I understand it, comes with a more 'manual' installer, requiring you to select a partition, select a mount point (typically root '/'), maybe select a swap partition and then chose where to install the GRUB Boot Loader. If you don't know what to do, it's usually best to just chose the partition containing the former operating system, (usually the largest partition if not labeled), select root (/) as your mount point and format as ext4. This is typically what I always did and I've yet to come across any major issues when it comes to installation of Point Linux. It's normally not so bad once you get a general understanding of what everything does.
Adrint, Amateur Image Editor.
Adrint

Return to Newbie Questions