BC4311 Broadcom Network Wireless

Re: BC4311 Broadcom Network Wireless

Postby Pry » 27 Nov 2013, 16:57

Iamwithin, I will add it to PL3.0 beta and PL2.3 if it will work for you.
Peter Ryzhenkov, Point Linux Lead Developer.
Pry
Site Admin

Postby drum » 27 Nov 2013, 18:09

Pry wrote:Iamwithin, I will add it to PL3.0 beta and PL2.3 if it will work for you.

now that's great, a Developer that listen to what the members need :Bravo:
Point Linux = freedom, reliability, stability, configurability, flexibility, security Image

The "Penguin" has arrived - and he's not going away - ever.

point linux = semper fidelis
drum

Postby mihail » 25 May 2014, 13:18

I have the same problem with Wifi tried everything but does not start.And if I may say these small problems in Linux refuse a lot of people because the problems are the Zorin in ubuntu and now in Point.Imagine the following case someone decides to go from Windows to Linux and then intalattion Wifi not work and this guy You have to read the 10 pages and forums installation in terminal and geditt and you understand that many people will give up this nonsense.and if you want people to use Linux just let things where it does not work and I understand that this is a test release but the problem is the same with other distributions Zorin and Ubuntu and Debian
mihail

Postby Qjohnuk » 04 Oct 2014, 22:17

Hi

I'm new to linux, including point linux.

Installed point linux on my dell mini notebook and it worked perfectly, including wireless (3.2.0-4-686-pae)

Using it fine. Then it installed a number of updates and on the boot menu I also have 3.16-0.bpo.2-686-pae

If I select the latter it cannot find my wireless. Going into network it shows that I connected to the wireless so many minutes ago but it no longer shows up, only wired and mobile network shows up

Any help or explanation would appreciated

John
Qjohnuk

Previous

Return to Installation Support