Libreoffice and Wiki Publisher

Libreoffice and Wiki Publisher

Postby Dagg » 05 Nov 2013, 07:26

The origin is that post, about converting a doc to a wiki markup.

So it seems the Wiki Publisher is available via the "Send – MediaWiki Server" command.

I haven't this menu. Googled a little, found that libreoffice-wiki-publisher package has to be installed.

But when I apt-get the package, I have dependencies errors about libreoffice-java-common and libreoffice-core, not able to continue without forcing.
With synaptic, the installation of the package needs the uninstall of all libreoffice-* packages :shock:

Not tried with aptitude because I don't think this behavior is normal. But as I installed Oracle Java, I wonder if it should be the cause.

So, I'm searching to known if others can use/install the Wiki Publisher without problems.
PL 2.3.2 amd64 Full
Dagg

Re: Libreoffice and Wiki Publisher

Postby Maroman » 05 Nov 2013, 08:23

Dagg, maybe I was a little to fast publishing the post because it seems to be marketing no real fact (sorry, mea culpa). there is description but I can't find extension. later I will try to investigate the subject with open office which looks (imho) more mature.

cheers,
ride my bike,
Maroman

Postby Maroman » 05 Nov 2013, 12:53

probable I have a solution.
there is extension for oo http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/sun-wiki-publisher which should be downloaded.
next back to libreoffice. to install extension (java must be switched on) normal procedure (Menu > Tools > Extension Manager > Add) is used. done.

to get mediawiki document odt/doc file should be exported (Menu > File > Export). choose mediawiki txt file. saving ends the process. obtained file is of txt format with mediawiki markups.
works and I hope the output file is correct :roll: .

sending via mediawiki server probable doesn't work.

cheers,
ride my bike,
Maroman

Postby Dagg » 05 Nov 2013, 15:05

Thanx for this info Maroman, I'll try to DL & install Sun Extension.

Have you tried to install libreoffice-wiki-publisher directly ?
PL 2.3.2 amd64 Full
Dagg

Postby Maroman » 05 Nov 2013, 15:49

Dagg wrote:Have you tried to install libreoffice-wiki-publisher directly ?

I did exactly as written. I was looking for something for oo (I've installed on my desktop) and found this extension. since I have no java there it was impossible (I had the warning message) to install. so I tested my notebook installing the extension. completely no problems. works as I wrote but don't now how to check if mediawiki file is correct (it is only text file with markups). since I do not know the syntax I can only believe it's correct.

cheers,

ps. my last openoffice suite
must say it looks good and I've found it a bit more functional than libre.
ride my bike,
Maroman

Return to Software and Applications