Debian handbook

Debian handbook

Postby Maroman » 25 Dec 2013, 11:55

yestarday I got a letter from Raphaël Hertzog about his book. maybe it would be interesting for any of you
Hello

It's vacation time for many of us, and I'm going away for a few days in less than two hours, but as I promised, I wanted to share an exclusive deal with you. I just released the first edition of the Wheezy version of my book and you can get a paperback with a 20% discount.
Click on the button below to put the paperback in your cart on Lulu.com. Do it now because this deal only last until Monday 30th at 16:00 UTC, so don't miss it out!
If you're not interested in the paperback, you can:

download the PDF of the print version;
download the EPUB or MOBI for your ebook reader;
browse it online.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays !

Raphaël Hertzog.
PS: Roland and I spent a lot of time in the last months to finish the update of the Debian Administrator's Handbook, I hope that you will enjoy it. As any good book of this size, it can't be perfect so don't hesitate to report back any problems that you find in the book. Check out

PPS: Feel free to share this email to your friends.

cheers,
ride my bike,
Maroman

Re: Debian handbook

Postby Pry » 25 Dec 2013, 12:30

Hello, Marek!

Thanks for the news. By the way, do you have any idea, is there a Debian certification as it is for the Red Hat products?
Peter Ryzhenkov, Point Linux Lead Developer.
Pry
Site Admin

Postby Maroman » 25 Dec 2013, 13:02

Peter, you are welcome. The book is really great and I've been reading previous edition.
and on certification. I'm afraid there is none concerning Debian. I know only one general, so called Linux essential. but it might be good way for business. everybody can built certification programs and give certificates for a little fee 8) . first step advantage. what about establishing Debian Certificate Found (DCF for short) :Yahoo!: ??
look at certificates from different fields. for example project management. there are several and are issued by private "institutes". I think we both and some colleges have competencies and scientific titles to be respected as certification promoters.

cheers,
ride my bike,
Maroman

Postby jordan » 25 Dec 2013, 22:37

Maroman wrote:yestarday I got a letter from Raphaël Hertzog about his book. maybe it would be interesting for any of you

Thanks Maroman! This looks like it will be an excellent reference book.
jordan

Postby giov216 » 01 Jan 2014, 15:35

Debian Handbook is my reference guide for learning this wonderful operating system.
I'd like to find in the future a chapter on distributions Debian derived and show to create a live cd.

I wish you happy new year to all and to Point Linux !!!
giov216

Return to Announcements