Should Point Linux 3 have a new wallpaper?

Should we change the wallpaper for Point Linux 3?

Yep!
67%
Nope!
33%

Total votes : 15

Should Point Linux 3 have a new wallpaper?

Postby Pry » 02 Jan 2014, 05:43

Hello everyone! ;)

Point Linux 3.0 beta 1 currently uses 'The Stars' wallpaper. I like it very much and as far as I see it is associated with Point Linux. Point Linux 3.0 is in beta and it's okay to use this wallpaper for the beta releases, but should we change it?
Peter Ryzhenkov, Point Linux Lead Developer.
Pry
Site Admin

Re: Should Point Linux 3 have a new wallpaper?

Postby Pinkeye » 02 Jan 2014, 08:10

The question is, do we have another one to change to? No distro wants to look like Aptosid. :D
Pinkeye

Postby Pry » 02 Jan 2014, 08:32

Yeah, that is definitely another question as I couldn't find anything equal to 'The Stars' wallpaper so far.
Pry
Site Admin

Postby Maroman » 02 Jan 2014, 13:22

Peter, I would go a little farther. Point stable is very conservative and layout fits to this. but new Point should be more funky. not only wallpaper but also a little change of layout and icons (?) is needed 8) .

cheers,
ride my bike,
Maroman

Postby Pry » 02 Jan 2014, 13:43

Maroman wrote:Peter, I would go a little farther. Point stable is very conservative and layout fits to this. but new Point should be more funky. not only wallpaper but also a little change of layout and icons (?) is needed 8) .

cheers,

I hear you. It's tempting, Micro$oft used this trick for years. ;) But the thing is that Faenza is the best (and the most complete) icon theme around IMO and there's nothing close to it. It was fully ported to Point and I really do not feel like replacing it with something else. Do you know any good Linux icon themes? The same goes for the Clearlooks-Phenix theme. It is very well made and polished. Again, I'm open for proposals. Wallpaper is the only thing we can change easily, so let's start off with it. The question is, as Pinkeye said, 'do we have another one to change to'? ;)
Pry
Site Admin

Postby GB Jim » 03 Jan 2014, 12:00

I am not sure how important a new wallpaper is as one of the first things most people do is change the wallpaper to something they personally like. That said I think staying with "The Stars" or going with a similarly themed wallpaper would lend continuity from the old to the new Point. Stay with something with stars or the cosmos.
GB Jim

Postby Pry » 03 Jan 2014, 12:09

GB Jim wrote:I am not sure how important a new wallpaper is as one of the first things most people do is change the wallpaper to something they personally like. That said I think staying with "The Stars" or going with a similarly themed wallpaper would lend continuity from the old to the new Point. Stay with something with stars or the cosmos.

I agree.
Pry
Site Admin

Postby welshman25 » 11 Feb 2014, 01:41

Pry wrote:Yeah, that is definitely another question as I couldn't find anything equal to 'The Stars' wallpaper so far.

try this site. it's a good one for any screen size available.
http://interfacelift.com/wallpaper/downloads/date/any/
:wink:
welshman25

Postby Pry » 27 Feb 2014, 12:55

Thanks for the link, pics are great but I'm not sure about the copyrights. PL2 'The Stars' wallpaper is CC for instance and I do not see any licences here.
Pry
Site Admin

Postby Adrint » 15 Mar 2014, 04:44

Greetings, everyone! A while back during my spare time, I used to play around in Gimp a lot and often made my own wallpapers. So when I saw this thread, I simply had to respond. In terms of finding a wallpaper to use for the release of Point Linux 3, I would like to suggest something along the lines of this:

Full size image can be found here: http://i.imgur.com/g0Cpg5R.png

This is a little piece I made a few months back that I like to call "Blue Ambiance." (I suck at titles, I know :P)
If you have any suggestions, (ideas, what I should change, ect) please let me know and I will gladly post what I've got.
Adrint, Amateur Image Editor.
Adrint

Next

Return to Other Topics