Shockwave flash plugin crashing in Chromium

Shockwave flash plugin crashing in Chromium

Postby jeffneedle » 08 Mar 2014, 14:20

Is anyone else having this problem -- getting a message that Shockwave flash plugin has crashed? I've turned off hardware acceleration, but the problem persists. Any help will be appreciated.
jeffneedle

Re: Shockwave flash plugin crashing in Chromium

Postby jordan » 08 Mar 2014, 15:39

You do have the option of installing Chrome (and its own Google Pepper Flash player) by enabling pointlinux-repos-nonfree. Instructions for installation are at http://wiki.pointlinux.org/index.php?title=Install_Non-free_Applications#Enabling_Non-free_Repositories

If you must run Chromium and you are getting Adobe Flash errors, you may consider installing the PepperFlashPlayer from the Debian repository. More info is at https://wiki.debian.org/PepperFlashPlayer
jordan

Postby jeffneedle » 29 Mar 2014, 18:24

Sorry for the late reply. I wasn't notified by e-mail that a reply had been posted, even though I enabled this when I originally posted.

Anyway, I enabled the point linux non-free repositories in synaptic, but google chrome doesn't show up anywhere in synaptic. Is this a known problem? Many thanks! And I promise to check here for responses!
jeffneedle

Postby GB Jim » 30 Mar 2014, 12:33

I have not tried this, but here is a site. It says if you download chrome.deb it will automatically be added to your repositories.

https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/b ... form=linux

Hope this is helpful.
GB Jim

Postby jordan » 30 Mar 2014, 14:08

jeffneedle wrote:Sorry for the late reply. I wasn't notified by e-mail that a reply had been posted, even though I enabled this when I originally posted.

Anyway, I enabled the point linux non-free repositories in synaptic, but google chrome doesn't show up anywhere in synaptic. Is this a known problem? Many thanks! And I promise to check here for responses!

Step 1 (using Synaptic) is to install pointlinux-repos-nonfree:

Step 2 (using Synaptic) is to install google-chrome-stable:

Let us know if you did the above. Hope this helps :)
jordan

Postby GB Jim » 30 Mar 2014, 18:04

Sorry Jordan, I thought he had tried that. I agree, go with the Point repositories first.
GB Jim

Postby jeffneedle » 30 Mar 2014, 21:39

Yup, installing Chrome in place of Chromium solved the problem for me. Thanks to all.
jeffneedle

Return to Newbie Questions