Forum help

Forum help

Postby GB Jim » 14 Apr 2016, 11:46

I see there are people looking for help in this forum. I can't say you won't get it, but I also doubt that you will find much help here. I have not seen a moderator sign on in over a month. There has been an open discussion of alternatives to Point and the developer has not commented on it. While I love Point the forum is to quiet. The developer either is to busy or seems to have lost interest. I am still running Point myself as a dual boot, but also installed Debian Jessie if Point goes inactive. I am waiting for Ubuntu Mate LTS 16.04 final release and then I will probably leave Point. I have had to many experiences with smaller independent OS's going inactive.

It is to bad, it is a great OS. I myself have not had any problems, but if you do I would try a more generic Forum that offers Debian help., Point is pretty much Debian. If Maroman signs in he is the most knowledgeable and can probably offer the most help. You could try emailing him for help through this forum. He is a nice guy and has been very helpful to myself and others in the past. He has issues with Point 3 and systemD and is moving on himself because of that.

Good luck. I hope you can get your issues solved. I wish I could help, but my knowledge is just not that great.
GB Jim

Re: Forum help

Postby GB Jim » 17 Apr 2016, 21:00

Here is a generic Linux forum. It is somewhere you should be able to find some help if you need it. Remember Point is basically Debian.

http://www.linuxquestions.org/
GB Jim

Return to Announcements